What does a partnership between G.J Gardner Homes and Fifteen Trees look like?
Well … it goes something like this …
- trees planted (5400) throughout Victoria and Tasmania,
- community groups (30) directly supported with free trees for their projects,
- hands-on help (150 hours) in getting the trees planted,
- independent native nurseries (20) supported via direct sales of the trees,
- nature reserves, school grounds and landcare properties (30) planted out with native vegetation.
This partnership has had tangible results. From Launceston in Tasmania, across the Bass Strait to southern Victoria including Sale, Bairnsdale, Phillip Is, Geelong and Warrnambool up through central Victorian areas of Macedon, Bendigo, Ballarat, Bacchus Marsh and Ararat to the northern reaches of the state, Mildura, Wodonga and Swan Hill – thousands of trees have been planted.
The staff and management of the franchisees have in many cases, left their offices for a morning or afternoon, picked up a shovel and gone out into their communities to weed, remove exotic weeds and plant trees. They have provided not only ‘people power’ but have also provided BBQ’s, shade tents and refreshments. New connections have been made and communities have been made stronger.