Managing Director Ross Morley and I met over a cup of tea at a Melbourne business conference back in 2013. From that fateful meeting, G.J. Gardner Homes and Fifteen Trees have been in partnership, working together planting trees and supporting community projects. Every year across Victoria and Tasmania, 15 trees are planted for every new home built by GJG.
This year, Ross and the team have hit a milestone with the planting of their 25,000 tree!
This special tree was planted as part of a group of 990 on the Bellarine Peninsula. Huge thank you to Ross for continuing his commitment to the environment.
Thank you also to GJG staff and management of the franchisees. In many cases, they have left their offices picked up a shovel and gone out into their communities to weed, remove exotic weeds and plant trees. They have provided not only ‘people power’ but have also provided BBQ’s, shade tents and refreshments. New connections have been made.
In 2016, GJG’s support looks something like this:
- trees planted (8610) throughout Victoria and Tasmania,
- community groups (32) directly supported with free trees for their projects,
- hands-on help in getting the trees planted,
- independent native nurseries (20) supported via direct sales of the trees,
- nature reserves, school grounds and landcare properties (32) planted out with native vegetation.
Slàinte – Colleen